Kathy Biehl ~Professional Aquarian
Astrological Planning, Guidance and Expertise
“Professional Aquarian” is the shorthand for my multiple self-employment tracks, which have coexisted on a bridge between intuition and the rational mind for more than 25 years.
I am a professional astrologer, psychic and Tarot master who helps individuals and business owners make decisions and better understand (and laugh about!) themselves, their options and the people in their lives. I have pursued astrology since junior high, read the Tarot since high school and studied formally at the Houston Institute of Astrology and in workshops with leading astrologers across the country. I am a tested and verified member of Best American Psychics and theCertified Psychics Society and trained in mediumship at the Institute for Spiritual Development. In addition to teaching Tarot, astrology, empathic energy management and related metaphysical topics, I teach, design, lead and produce guided meditations for relaxation and personal growth. I bring to my counseling my diverse life experience as an attorney, a small business owner, a performing artist and a writer.
I am a lawyer with a practice in New Jersey and Texas that concentrates on small business matters, contracts and writers’ rights. A large portion of my career has been devoted to representing nonprofit arts groups, gay couples and PWAs; I’ve taught business law (at Rice University), legal writing (U. of Houston Law Center) and seminars on self-employment. I founded and co-owned Metaphysiques, a Houston-based aerobics and meditation class center and tape producer, as well as two indie record labels. I am also a singer and actress who has performed classical and choral music, played Houston’s acoustic circuit, done sketch comedy and acted in Texas and New Jersey theater and lots of video and indie film. (Behold my IMDb.com page!)
As a freelance writer I have covered food, off-beat travel, bars and restaurants, general interest features and legal matters for lay and law audiences, and won awards from the Association of Food Journalists and the Houston Press Club. My finds and musings also appear in Astro-Insight, the Compendiblog (chronicling and commenting on real-life weird), the food and drink blog Moon in the 6th, and Cafe Compendium.
I am a featured writer for OM Times, where my weekly and moon forecasts appear in addition to my site. I have written about astrology for a variety of regional and national publications, including doing the Weekly Weather and Moon Reports for TheCosmicPath.com for more than three years without missing a single column and monthly horoscopes for and KidScopes for The Conscious Living Guide and its predecessor The Conscious Mom’s Guide. I’ve done canine forecasts for Dogster.com and food trend predictions forMy Table magazine. I was Cosmopolitan’s resident astrologer at the Austin and Houston stops on the magazine’s 1997 Fun Fearless Female college tour, and for a couple of years in the late 90s I was the Oracle Corporation’s oracle at its Houston holiday parties.
Since you’ve bothered to read this far, I’ll treat you to some fun facts.
1. • I love mimetic architecture and wind-up toys (care to guess my moon?)
2. • My first book was about Internet legal research
3. • I went to Burning Man (twice) before big media co-opted it
4. • I made my TV debut on my fourth birthday singing “I’m A LIttle Teapot”
5. • The Marx Brothers have played a weirdly huge role in my life
6. • Favorite authors include Terry Pratchett, Robert Benchley, E. Nesbit,
Lewis Carroll and Madeleine L’Engle
1. • I’m in Dee Snider’s Mack the Knife video
2. • I make killer salted chocolate caramels
3. • When I get my time machine, the first stop will be Six Flags Over Texas
1. • I was a cocktail waitress in the restaurant that pioneered the frozen
1. • I phoned in my first film role, literally, in Walk Away Renee, which ended
up being a Critic’s Pick at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival (for
reasons having nothing to do with me!)
1. • My favorite ice cream flavors are pistachio and Cherry Garcia
2. • I’ve met four of the six Pythons
3. • I am the publisher and editrix of The Ladies’ Fetish & Taboo Society
Compendium of Urban Anthropology
1. • I have a celebrity nephdog